Abstract: In this presentation you will learn how to develop Power BI Desktop data models. The session will describe data modeling fundamentals together with a development methodology covering how to create model tables with Power Query, how to create and configure appropriate model relationships, how to improve and enrich the data model design with usability features and calculations, and how to enforce row-level security (RLS) by defining and testing roles.
This session introduces foundational theory and builds upon it by describing best practices and tips.
This session will appeal to those new to Power BI Desktop data modeling, and also for those already developing data models (this session will be ideal for filing in any gaps in your knowledge).
1. Power BI Desktop data modeling
2. “Getting Data” with Power Query
3. Creating data model relationships
4. Enhancing data model design with usability features
5. Introduction to DAX for defining data model calculations
6. Security data models with row-level security
Note: This recorded class is available in the format of a video course. Content is presented in modular videos. Learn more.