Abstract: Your role as a SQL Server DBA is evolving and you are now responsible for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications – not just SQL Server databases. You don’t have a clue where and how to start. You are confused about this whole DevOps buzzword being thrown around and you are wasting a lot of time figuring things out on your own. What’s worse, you end up being a stressed, overworked engineer who wished you could focus on the “cool stuff”, but are instead stuck in firefighting mode while juggling the additional workload.
This session is specifically for you. This whole-day workshop is specifically designed for senior SQL Server database administrators and systems engineers responsible for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications.
1. Overview of DevOps for the SQL Server DBA
2. Architecture of Container Ecosystem
3. Deploying SQL Server on Docker Containers
4. Managing and persisting SQL Server data in Docker containers
5. Creating and deploying custom SQL Server container images
Note: This recorded class is available in the format of a video course. Content is presented in modular videos. Learn more.