Abstract: In this one day, hands-on, scenario-driven workshop, members of the SQL engineering team will help you translate your existing SQL Server expertise to Azure SQL including Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL managed instance. At the end of the day, you should have a foundational knowledge of what to use when, as well as how to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot the “meat and potatoes” of SQL Server in Azure: security, performance, and availability. You will learn about not only the “what”, but also the “how” and the “why”. You’ll also walk away with resources and tools so you can go as deep as your scenario requires.
After the workshop, you should be able to…
– Determine which Azure SQL deployment option (virtual machines, single databases, serverless databases, elastic pools of databases, hyperscale databases, and managed instances) and service tier should be used for scenarios that meet the needs of your application.
– Deploy, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot security, performance, and availability scenarios in Azure SQL using both familiar and new tools and techniques.
– Harness the “power of the cloud” including automation and intelligent capabilities of Azure SQL.
– Translate your existing SQL Server expertise to Azure SQL expertise.
1. Introduction to Azure SQL
2. Deploy and Configure
6. Putting it all together
Note: This recorded class is available in the format of a video course. Content is presented in modular videos. Learn more.