Abstract: Azure Cosmos DB is battle tested non-relational database service by Microsoft. It is used by many mission critical applications, including Xbox, Office 365, Azure and Skype.
This workshop will help you take a more in-depth look at Azure Cosmos DB’s architecture, features and tools. We will start with an overview of Azure Cosmos DB’s infrastructure and architecture, then explore its main features and benefits. Additionally, we will use Cosmos DB Emulator for development purposes. In addition, we will look at the Data Migration tool to import and transform data as well as cover stored procedures, available SDKs, and Rest API of Cosmos DB. For the closing of this session we will configure Change Feed functionality using Azure Functions.
1. History, Infrastructure and Architecture of Cosmos DB
2. What does Multi-Model mean?
3. Understanding Consistency Levels
4. Why Partitioning is crucial?
5. Managing Indexes in Cosmos DB.
6. Cosmos DB Constraints
8. Using Cosmos DB Emulator
9. Querying Cosmos DB with SQL API
10. Setting up TTL
11. Data Type Problems of JSON
12. Creating Stored Procedures
13. How to Import&Transform Data
14. Available SDKs and Rest API
15. Spatial Data in Cosmos DB
16. Configuring Change Feed
17. Using Vs Code extension with Cosmos DB
18. Connecting to Cosmos DB From Sql Server 2019
Note: This recorded class is available in the format of a video course. Content is presented in modular videos. Learn more.